Redeemer News 3/4/18
alpha women’s center
Please return baby bottles with cash, change, or checks into the offering plate by MARCH 4TH. If you are interesting in supporting this pro-life ministry in another way, grab the half sheet of paper on the table for more information.
Join us for a fellowship board game night on March 11 (weekend before Spring Break for students), starting at 6pm. Bring your favorite board games and snacks to enjoy with one another!
March 11: Board Game Night 6pm
March 11: Parsonage Sale Q&A
March 16-18: Men’s Discipleship Retreat
March 24: Church Cleaning Day
March 25: Parsonage Sale Vote
March 30: Good Friday 6pm
March 31: Kid’s Easter Event
April 1: Easter Sunday
May 17-19: Camp Work Weekend
Small Group Questions
- 1. What situations led to David eventually running to the Philistines? Do you think his decision is warranted?
- “Seeking relief often means wandering from God.” What does this mean? When is it true? When is it not true?
- What are some good leadership qualities David shows in 1 Samuel 30?
- When David finally pursues God, God answers with clarity. What do we learn about God through this?
- What in this story points to Jesus?
M—Read Luke 14:25-35. Think on the cost of following Christ.
T—Matthew 7:13-14. Think on hardships in following Christ.
W—James 4:6-10. Think on approaching God humbly.
Th—Colossians1:15-20. Think on Christ’s sovereignty
F—Read Philippians 3:7-14. Think on persistence.
S—Read Lamentations 3:22-26. Think on God’s faithfulness.